people ribbon

About Us

The mission of Susan G. Komen Northwest Louisiana is to save lives and to end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

Through events like the Komen Northwest Louisiana Race for the Cure®, Friday in Pink and other fundraising events as well as third party donations, Komen Northwest Louisiana invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

Komen Northwest Louisiana began in 1994 with a Race for the Cure. In 1999, the Shreveport Bossier Affiliate was created. As we expanded and acquired more territory to provide lifesaving screening, education, and support services the name was changed to reflect this expansion and became Komen Northwest Louisiana.

We are a local organization with local staff, local board members, and a strong local presence. We raise money here and we put that money right back into this community to support those who LIVE HERE. With a small staff, we keep overhead costs low and grant award funding high. We operate with the help of hundreds of volunteers who keep us successful day in and day out.

If you have questions about our history, or our goals as an organization moving forward, simply give us a call. We would love the opportunity to meet you and share our mission and the IMPACT we hope to make on Northwest Louisiana.

10_ParishMap (2)